This ain’t your Grandpa’s Used Buick.
Buick announces new Regal sport sedan for 2011 model year.
2011 Buick Regal
Buick announced that its new Regal would go on sale in the second quarter of next year as a 2011 model. Based on the Opel Insignia, winner of last year’s European Car of the Year award, the Regal has been available in China since December. More than 64,000 have been sold.
Buick will formally introduce the new midsize car in America at the Los Angeles auto show next month. At first, it will be available only with a 2.4-liter, 4-cylinder engine with 182 horsepower. A turbocharged 2-liter, 4-cylinder with 220 horsepower will be added late next summer. The turbocharged version will come with bigger brakes. Both engines will come with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
Buick said that the Regal equipped with the 2.4-liter engine would get 30 miles a gallon on the highway, while the turbo model would get 29.
Buick has not used the Regal nameplate since 2004, when the car fell squarely under the heading of family sedan. In its Thursday news release, Buick compared the 2011 Regal with the Acura TSX and the Volvo S60. Buick also called the new Regal a premium sport sedan, which means that people will no doubt compare it with the BMW 3 series and the Infiniti G37 (both rear-wheel-drive cars). All four competitors’ cars will provide the new Regal with tough competition because Buick is typically not associated with premium sports sedans.
According to this advertisement, Buick vs. Lexus. The Buick is Better!
ADS BY AMPS
Alma Michigan Used Cars – Used Cars for sale in Alma Michigan – http://shaheengm.com
Alma Michigan Used Trucks – Used Trucks for Sale in Alma Michigan – http://shaheengm.com
Alma Michigan GMC Truck
According to research I’ve done GMC Truck was born in 1908 when GM purchased the Rapid Motor Vehicle Company and then renamed it the General Motors Truck Company in 1913. General Motors had already aquired Buick, Cadillac Oldsmobile and the predecessor to Pontiac named Oakland.
Some of the historic Michigan GMC Truck dates include:
- 1914 – The first trucks designed by GMC engineers were introduced, with capacities from 3/4 to 2-tons.
- 1911 – The GMC logo was first used in the business of the new General Motors Truck Co.
- 1917-1919 – GMC provided over 8,500 trucks to the U.S. Army for World War I. Most were 3/4-ton ambulances and 1-ton troop carriers or light aviation support trucks.
- 1937 – GMC introduced the Suburban
- 1941 – GMC built the first of nearly 530,000 2-1/2 ton 6×6 trucks for the U.S. Army. Most were powered by the GMC 270 cid engine that became famous as the “workhorse” engine of Army trucks.
- 1941-1945 – GMC produced nearly 584,000 multi-drive military vehicles for World War II.
- 1942 – In June, all civilian truck production was suspended by the U.S. Government.
- 1951 – GMC provided over 9,000 military vehicles for the Korean War. Most were M-135 family 2-1/2-ton 6×6 trucks with GMC 302 cid gas engines, Hydra-Matic transmissions and deep water fording ability.
- 1952 – GMC celebrated 50 years of building trucks, starting with the first Rapid truck sold in 1902.
- 1963 – Coil springs replaced torsion bars in light duty 4×2 front ends and leaf springs returned to the rear.
- 1964 – The Handivan light commercial van debuted, followed by the Handibus in 1965.
- 1970 – GMC introduced the Jimmy short wheelbase SUV. It featured a removable fiberglass top.
- 1977 – The 75th anniversary of GMC trucks was celebrated.
- 1982 – GMC entered the compact truck market with S-15 pickups to compete against imports.
Here’s my vote.
“Here Comes the Judge”
1969 Pontiac GTO The Judge.
Michigan Used Cars like this can sometimes be found at Alma Auto Sales
Alma is the largest city in Gratiot County Michigan. The population was 9,275 at the 2000 census. Alma was incorporated as the Village of Alma in 1872 and became a city in 1905.
Alma’s claims to fame include the annual Highland Festival which brings members of Scottish clans and interested onlookers together for a weekend of Highland dancing, bagpipes, kilts, and camaraderie. The Highland Festival is held each year over Memorial Day weekend. Alma College, a small liberal-arts institution of approximately 1,300 students, is located in town and focuses on multidisciplinary learning in a residential setting. Although Alma is small Alma Auto Sales are brisk.